sAcn on 2 desks

Hi All 

I'm a little bit new to the sAcn, I have and APEX running sAcn for the rig. Today I had a show come in and they also went sAcn. The plan was on the universe for our dimmers and hard power to do this from in house desk and then the tour would have access to the other 2 universes (for led fixtures inhouse) however they where unable to change the colour of the Colorsource spot V as it was taking it from our in house desk that was still on 

Possibly a priority thing if so how do i change this?

HELP please!!

• Unpatch the fixtures which should controlled from the other desk.

• What you're seeing is probably the result of your console still sending the colorsources' color home values. And since sACN usually merges multiple sources by HTP (Highest takes precedence) the other console can't achieve e.g. RGB=0/0/255 while your console still sends RGB=255/255/255.

Priorities would indeed be one way of solving this. But you'd need to be selective about it since you do want your universes 1 and 2 to win. In Patch > Protocols you can set properties for individual universes. Setting universes 3 and 4 to 99 would probably do the trick.

The other way of solving this would be to make sure your console doesn't send values on universes 3 and 4. You can achieve that by unpatching them (Patch: Chan 101 Thru 300 At Enter, Enter), or by making sure all channels patched to those universes send 0 for all their parameters.

Related