ACN system with Ion recently added to it

Hey Everybody,

Quick question,  I have a brand new paradigm and net3 system setup that was originally setup for an Expression 3 via an ACN gateway. Just curious as to where I have to set the Ion ACN priority in order to not mess with anything the paradigm is doing, but to still be able to control the dimmers that paradigm is affecting. Higher, Lower or the Same is really what I need to know, but any explanations about this would be helpful as well.

Thanks

PJ Veltri

Parents
  • Hello PJ,

In a Net3 system the priority is set to a number between 1 and 200, with the higher number being the higher ("stronger") priority.

For example, if Paradigm had a priority of 100 and you set the Ion to 150, when you connected the Ion to the network it would take away control from Paradigm for any channels which were patched.

If two devices have the same priority, they will HTP merge. So if Ion and Paradigm are both set to 100, they will both be able to control the same set of channels with the highest level having control - it sounds like this is what you want.

Most ETC devices have a priority of 100 by default, including Paradigm and Ion. So you probably just need to check the priority of the Ion is 100, connect it and all should be fine.

-Tom

• Hello PJ,

In a Net3 system the priority is set to a number between 1 and 200, with the higher number being the higher ("stronger") priority.

For example, if Paradigm had a priority of 100 and you set the Ion to 150, when you connected the Ion to the network it would take away control from Paradigm for any channels which were patched.

If two devices have the same priority, they will HTP merge. So if Ion and Paradigm are both set to 100, they will both be able to control the same set of channels with the highest level having control - it sounds like this is what you want.

Most ETC devices have a priority of 100 by default, including Paradigm and Ion. So you probably just need to check the priority of the Ion is 100, connect it and all should be fine.

-Tom

Children
No Data
Related