Information on setting up a wireless network to the Congo jr. to use iRFR

I'm trying to do some research on the ipon application iRFR. I've been reading up on it alot and find myself still a little lost.

As for the actually wireless network aspect:

I've read that due to the board using a continuous data stream to transmit data to the light server i would need to get a higher end router to ensure that i am able to get real-time results with the iRFR application. If this is indeed the case does anyone have any suggestions as to what wireless router would produce the best results. Another question about the wireless network is that as i do not currently have access to the light board i do not know how it would connect to the wireless router. Does the light board have a network cable plug in the back of the board like a regular computer would? If the board does not have the network cable plug what would i need to get to connect the wireless router?

With the ETC ports all around the auditorium that that light board connects to. would this have anything to do with the wireless router and its functionality?

If there's anything that i'm forgetting that i would need to know feel free to let me know.

Parents
  • How is the console being connected to the dimmers, moving lights etc at the moment?

If it's DMX directly into the back of the console, then plug your wireless access point straight into the Ethernet socket on the back of the console.
    - This socket is indeed just like a regular computer network socket.

If it's ETCNet 2 or Net 3 (Ethernet cable), then you plug your wireless access point into a suitable ETCNet point.
    - Any ETCNet plugin point that you could connect your console or a Net3 Gateway into will be fine, so just pick a sensible place.

There's some further setup stuff in the Wiki, as jross mentioned.

• How is the console being connected to the dimmers, moving lights etc at the moment?

If it's DMX directly into the back of the console, then plug your wireless access point straight into the Ethernet socket on the back of the console.
    - This socket is indeed just like a regular computer network socket.

If it's ETCNet 2 or Net 3 (Ethernet cable), then you plug your wireless access point into a suitable ETCNet point.
    - Any ETCNet plugin point that you could connect your console or a Net3 Gateway into will be fine, so just pick a sensible place.

There's some further setup stuff in the Wiki, as jross mentioned.

Children
No Data
Related