password for gateway

hello

I want to change an IP setting of my gateway 4 ports, use static instead of dynamic mode, but to change it I need password to unlock setting, what is this password ? is there any solution to reset this password ?

thanks a lot

• the password is : [deleted]

Note:  If you are in need of a password for an ETC product, please contact Technical Services for your region.  Passwords are generally installed to help endusers avoid inadvertent misconfigurations which may be difficult to repair.

[edited by: Tracy.Fitch at 6:51 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Aug 8 2010]
  • This password was put in place to make sure that you dont accidentally set your gateways to a non-configurable range or change IP settings without careful planning. Use it wisely.

Also, in the future, we would appreciate that passwords not be posted in the public domain such as the forums. In most cases, the password is there for a specific reason and while you know what you are doing with it, it does make it harder to support in the future if another person were to use it without knowing what they are changing. Please don't be suprised or offended that this thread was edited to remove the password.

Thanks.

[edited by: starksk at 8:46 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Aug 8 2010]
Related