Net3 one-port DMX gateway and GCE?

I've got a selection of Net3 DMX gateways here - two 4-port, two 2-port and six 1-port.

I've installed v2.0.1 of the gateway configuration editor onto a laptop, set the lappy's IP to 10.101.90.10 with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0, started GCE, set the address server running, and hooked it up to a PoE switch along with one gateway at a time.

The 4-port and 2-port gateways were no problem - plugged them in, they got a dynamic IP address and GCE announced their presence, and I was able to configure them as I want (which is basically just setting a static IP address).

The 1-port units, though, are a different matter - I can't get GCE to discover them at all. I've seen the note in the Wiki about some units in the past shipping with a 10.4.x.x default IP address so I opened up the subnet mask to 255.0.0.0 in case this was the issue, but it didn't help.

How can I get GCE to see my 1-port DMX gateways?

Parents
  • Hi Gareth,

the 1-Port Gateways work somewhat different from the 2-Port and 4-Port Gateways.

Currently, you cannot configure the 1-Port Gateway in GCE. You will need download NCE from our website:

http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/manuals/NCE_v4.3_User_Manual_revA.pdf

and use NCE to configure the 1-Port Gateway and then switch it into Net3 (sACN) Mode to use in your

system.

Have a great weekend!

• Hi Corey. Thanks for your reply.

So - the gateway configuration editor can't edit the configuration of all my gateways? ;-)

I've downloaded and installed NCE and had a look at it - it certainly doesn't look as intuitive and friendly as GCE.

Didn't have a lot of time to muck about with it, but I managed to get it to recognise one of my 1-port gateways. I couldn't see a way to set a static IP address, though - any chance you could post some basic step-by-step instructions for achieving this with NCE?

Also, while we're on the subject of gateways, could you clarify something with ACN port numbers for me please?

Our system is going to involve consoles and gateways spread across two venues, all networked together. Let's say, at its simplest level, this involves just two consoles and two output gateways, each of which needs to correspond to DMX universe 1 on its respective console. Does the first output on each gateway need to have a distinct ACN port number (e.g ACN port 101 for DMX universe 1 in one venue, and port 201 for universe 1 in the other)? Or would they both have the same port number, with the fact that each gateway has a different IP address being sufficient to distinguish between the two ports?

Hope that makes sense!!

Gareth.

[edited by: gareth71 at 5:45 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Jun 19 2011]
  • Hi Corey. Thanks for your reply.

So - the gateway configuration editor can't edit the configuration of all my gateways? ;-)

I've downloaded and installed NCE and had a look at it - it certainly doesn't look as intuitive and friendly as GCE.

Didn't have a lot of time to muck about with it, but I managed to get it to recognise one of my 1-port gateways. I couldn't see a way to set a static IP address, though - any chance you could post some basic step-by-step instructions for achieving this with NCE?

Also, while we're on the subject of gateways, could you clarify something with ACN port numbers for me please?

Our system is going to involve consoles and gateways spread across two venues, all networked together. Let's say, at its simplest level, this involves just two consoles and two output gateways, each of which needs to correspond to DMX universe 1 on its respective console. Does the first output on each gateway need to have a distinct ACN port number (e.g ACN port 101 for DMX universe 1 in one venue, and port 201 for universe 1 in the other)? Or would they both have the same port number, with the fact that each gateway has a different IP address being sufficient to distinguish between the two ports?

Hope that makes sense!!

Gareth.

[edited by: gareth71 at 5:45 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Jun 19 2011]
Children
Related