sACN, RDM, EOS, Hog - Why don´t they like each other?

Dear ETC People.

I´d like to confirm / understand something. In our venue we´re running EOS streaming ACN to response gateways.
This week we have someone with a Hog4PC within our venue and he´s streaming ACN as well to control stuff.
For licensing he has two hoglets for 8 Universes summary and we´re basically arranging control by priorities.
Everything was good so far but at some point he wasn´t able to control stuff he should have.
Strange thing was that the sACN-Viewer showed him controlling the address but the device didn´t react.
EOS on the other hand didn´t change values in the sACN-Viewer as it had a lower priority but here the device reacted anyway.
We reseted the gateway that was putting out DMX and were fine.
Today we had the same problem on a universe where Hog and EOS have the same priority as there are dimmers only and checked with a DMX tester on the gateway and saw that it wasn´t outputting the hog ACN values.
Then we noticed that those two gateways had RDM activated for at least one port. We had networking troubles with one of them before when RDM was activated but an update to the most recent firmware fixed it.
Now we deactivated RDM for all gateways, rebooted the one giving us trouble and arer fine for the moment.
I hope we will be from now on.
Can anyone confirm if that is a known issue or if there is anything else I´m missing?
HogPC is 3.15, EOS is 3.0.1 and the response gateways are on the most recent firmware.

TIA

Paule

Parents Reply Children
Related