Analog I/O Gateway Network Issue

Hey Folks,

Had a strange problem that I was able to resolve, but wanted to see if anyone had any insight as to what was going on.

On an Ion V3.2.5, working with an analog I/O Gateway. I've got two stages with different consoles, and my setup was working perfectly on our first stage. I moved the Gateway to the second stage and the gateway wouldn't connect to the network at all. Both stages have a Netgear unmanaged switch next to it that connects to all of our other devices with no problems. Plugging the I/O Gateway into the same switch feeding all our DMX gateways and racks etc gave me no connection. No blinking lights on the switch, no recognition on the gateway.

Tested the cable, multiple ports etc. Gateway was set to static IP, but I tried swapping to DHCP to no avail.

What ultimately fixed it was running an ethernet cable from a Ratpac Datasphere on it. The gateway immediately connected, no issues. The Ratpac Datasphere is also an unmanaged switch, so I have no idea why that made a difference.

So everything is working fine, I'm just baffled as to why it worked fine on one switch and not on another. Would appreciate any insights or best practicies that I might be missing. The offending switch as every other device in our network going through it with no issue. 

Thanks in advance!

Related