sACN Reaction Time

Can anyone explain the "SACN Reaction Time" field on a CEM+ 3.1.2.

I'm reconfiguring racks through DimSTAT and some systems show 3 and others 0.

Thanks!

Eric

Parents
  •  Here is your explanation! 

More properly called sACN Reacquisition Delay time, this property controls what happens when you have transition from one source of sACN to another.

Imagine I have two sACN sources, one at priority 150, and one at priority 100. The one at 150 initially has control. Now imagine the source at 150 goes away, how quickly does the source at lower priority take over? This is controlled by the sACN Reacquisition time, which can be set from 0 (instantaneous) to 60 seconds, and defaults to three seconds.

Thanks to Tom Steer for the answer!

•  Here is your explanation! 

More properly called sACN Reacquisition Delay time, this property controls what happens when you have transition from one source of sACN to another.

Imagine I have two sACN sources, one at priority 150, and one at priority 100. The one at 150 initially has control. Now imagine the source at 150 goes away, how quickly does the source at lower priority take over? This is controlled by the sACN Reacquisition time, which can be set from 0 (instantaneous) to 60 seconds, and defaults to three seconds.

Thanks to Tom Steer for the answer!

Children
Related