Sensor CEM DMX Port-A & Port-B Pass-Thru

I am trying to find out if DMX Port-A and DMX Port-B in the CEM are configured for DMX Pass-Thru ? Basically I would like to use Port-A for input and Port-B for output to control dimmers that are not in my rack. My configuration would be:

console --> [CEM PortA - CEM Port-B] --> external_dimmer1 --> external_dimmer2

I checked around the website and can't find anything that says either way. If they are not does anyone have any suggestions on how I might accomplish this ?

Thanks

Parents
  • I believe that PORT B can be used as an output on a CEM+/CEM3 not a CEM.

To do what I believe you need, disable termination on the last rack and daisy chain into your first external dimmer, then your next, etc. Terminate on your last.

If your external dimmers are non permeant then I suggest you make a terminator in an XLR (120ohm resistor across pins 2 and 3) and put that on the DMX cable when the external dimmers are not present.

[edited by: marcusbirkin at 2:52 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 1 2013] Removed CEM3 thanks to info from Matt
  • I believe that PORT B can be used as an output on a CEM+/CEM3 not a CEM.

To do what I believe you need, disable termination on the last rack and daisy chain into your first external dimmer, then your next, etc. Terminate on your last.

If your external dimmers are non permeant then I suggest you make a terminator in an XLR (120ohm resistor across pins 2 and 3) and put that on the DMX cable when the external dimmers are not present.

[edited by: marcusbirkin at 2:52 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 1 2013] Removed CEM3 thanks to info from Matt
Children
Related