10 AMP Modules on Sensor Racks

Just curious why ETC hasn't introduced a Quad - 10A module for their Sensor racks similar to Strand and Leviton? I realize there is a dual 10A "low wattage" module; but at the same price as the D15 or D20, its not worth it + my understanding is that this is intended for LED and other types of loads. In my opinion a 15 amp module is overkill for our plans - to have a single dimmer for each circuit; and only a single fixture per circuit. Realistically a standard Source Four will have a 575 or 750 watt bulb; at 120 volts, that's 5 to 7 or so amps (when on full power). I know the SmartPack come in 12x 10amp capacities, but we are looking for 80+ channels; and I don't for-see installing 6 or 7 wall packs. When reviewing list pricing on the SmartPack system, you've managed to offer a 10amp dimming channel very close to half the price of a 20amp dimming channel. (or a 10am at close to the same price as 2x 10 amp channels). Conventional wisdom would indicate that the same philosophy could be applied to the Sensor modules.

Parents
  • The answer's really simple actually:

Is a 10A breaker half the height of a 15A or 20A breaker?

Secondly, the internal wiring of a rack was designed for two channels per module. This means that it's easy to do a 1-channel module - just bus together the power and load connections and ignore one set of control connections - but a four-channel would need to cut all those connections in half!

• The 10a "quad" that the other guys offer is the same size as their dual 15 or 20's modules; allowing a greater channel capacity on a smaller unit and more importantly a cost savings factor. I don't have a Sensor rack and I'm not familiar with the internal layout. We're in the market for a new rack (control surface, fixtures and many other items); and while we love ETC gear; the product line fails to meet our needs in many areas. My intention is not to "bash" ETC; I've been trying to find products that meet our requirements without being overly expensive and too complicated.

• We respect your candor and would like to work with you to determine the best product for your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly by email at jdunnum@etcconnect.com or by phone at (608) 824-5055 to discuss any areas where you are having difficulty finding ETC solutions within your expectations.  ETC offers many options, some of which you have already explored. Sometimes specifications and data sheets are not enough information to determine if a product is able to suit your needs.  ETC also offers Field Project Coordinators in our sales office that can work directly with you and your dealer to make sure we find the ideal solution for you.

Thank you for considering ETC for your upcoming purchase.  We hope to work very closely with you to ensure that can move through your transition with confidence and satisfaction.

Jake Dunnum,

Dimming Product Manager

Electronic Theatre Controls, Inc.

• We respect your candor and would like to work with you to determine the best product for your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly by email at jdunnum@etcconnect.com or by phone at (608) 824-5055 to discuss any areas where you are having difficulty finding ETC solutions within your expectations.  ETC offers many options, some of which you have already explored. Sometimes specifications and data sheets are not enough information to determine if a product is able to suit your needs.  ETC also offers Field Project Coordinators in our sales office that can work directly with you and your dealer to make sure we find the ideal solution for you.

Thank you for considering ETC for your upcoming purchase.  We hope to work very closely with you to ensure that can move through your transition with confidence and satisfaction.

Jake Dunnum,

Dimming Product Manager

Electronic Theatre Controls, Inc.

Children
Related