Sensor DMX Out?

Just wondering, do ETC Sensor racks usually have a DMX out on them? These are install racks. I cannot remember if they have older or newer + type processors
Parents Reply Children
  •   Hi Bob,

Most systems from the Expression 2x era would not 'normally' use an opto-splitter between the console and racks but it could certainly be done. I'm guessing that only 1 of the opto-outputs goes to the racks and the rest go to DMX outputs in the theatre?  

Generally you would want to isolate your LED units from the dimmers.

Option 1: Use the second universe output from your EXPN2x to the LEDs (preferable with an opto between the console and the LED units

Option 2: Use an 'open' output from your opto-splitter (you might run into avalible dimmer problems here. If your SR48s are fully populated with D20 then you are using 384 dimming channels leaving only 128 dimming channels out of the opto for use with LED units.

If you drop me an email at mmeskill@etcconnect.com and tell me the name of the theatre, city, and state: then I should be able to find the installation drawings for you theatre and give you a little better answer.

Sincerely,

Mike

Related