Sensor Dimming Issue

Hello, 

I work at a school that has a sensor dimming system. This room also houses our costumes and at some point within the last week someone opened a container of baby powder that went everywhere including inside the dimming modules.

I cleaned the dimming modules. All dust free. :)

My problem now is that a set of house lights came on, stayed on, and will not go out. I have tried everything and nothing is working with them. 

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi Zeek,

The first step is going to be determining what control module you have in your Sensor rack. We've made three over the years, "CEM Classic", "CEM+" and "CEM3". You can see some photos to determine that here.

Then take a look at the front of the rack to see if the green "Signal" LED on the module is lit for that output. If it isn't, try moving the module around to see if the problem stays with the module. If it does, it needs repair - likely some damage to the power cube.

If the green light is on, that means the control module is driving the output. Use the About menu for the control module (check the manual for the type you have), to find out what is driving that output - you'll be able to see if it's DMX, a preset, or other source, from the front panel UI.

Hope that helps a bit.

-Tom

• Hi Zeek,

The first step is going to be determining what control module you have in your Sensor rack. We've made three over the years, "CEM Classic", "CEM+" and "CEM3". You can see some photos to determine that here.

Then take a look at the front of the rack to see if the green "Signal" LED on the module is lit for that output. If it isn't, try moving the module around to see if the problem stays with the module. If it does, it needs repair - likely some damage to the power cube.

If the green light is on, that means the control module is driving the output. Use the About menu for the control module (check the manual for the type you have), to find out what is driving that output - you'll be able to see if it's DMX, a preset, or other source, from the front panel UI.

Hope that helps a bit.

-Tom

Children
No Data
Related