Source4 dimmer on 208v source

When using a Source4 Dimmer with a traditional source4, 750w lamp, should the load come out to 3.3 amps per leg?  I am guessing that is the case.  If so, it would seem I could run four Source4 Dimmers with this load in a 20amp/208v circuit.  Does this sound correct?

Thanks for any input.

Parents
  • For those interested I got the answer to this question. As I suspected the dimmer basically works as a transformer for the line/load. It apparently has an efficiency of around 90%. So with a load of 750w under normal conditions the load would be about 833Watts divided by 208V comes to about 4 amps a leg or hot. Ultimately, its probably fine to use 4 on a 20amp breaker, but 3 is safer.
  • For those interested I got the answer to this question. As I suspected the dimmer basically works as a transformer for the line/load. It apparently has an efficiency of around 90%. So with a load of 750w under normal conditions the load would be about 833Watts divided by 208V comes to about 4 amps a leg or hot. Ultimately, its probably fine to use 4 on a 20amp breaker, but 3 is safer.
Children
No Data
Related