GFI question

Typical day, I overhear that FX will spray water on the set and my bestboy brought a bunch of 15amp edison GFI's wanting to plug them into the soco breakouts.

I've never encountered this before. Can GFI's be plugged into dimmer feeds?  We're using ETC Sensor3 racks.

Parents
  • Typically I install my GFCI protection upstream of a dimmer. The problem with installing GFCI circuits downstream is that low dimming percent can cause the GFCI to trip. I also like to keep my power feeds from the Dimmer pack to the fixture less than 50' to minimize electrical harmonics that might be present, that cause false trips.

There are many different types of Pagoda's available for rental that have GFCI protection, and many different types of small dimmers packs that can be used.

P-
  • Typically I install my GFCI protection upstream of a dimmer. The problem with installing GFCI circuits downstream is that low dimming percent can cause the GFCI to trip. I also like to keep my power feeds from the Dimmer pack to the fixture less than 50' to minimize electrical harmonics that might be present, that cause false trips.

There are many different types of Pagoda's available for rental that have GFCI protection, and many different types of small dimmers packs that can be used.

P-
Children
No Data
Related