Liquid leak

Sensor CEM classic

Is there anything liquid cooled within the rack? Twice in 6 months I've found a clear oily liquid dripping from the bottom of our rack. 

Parents
  • No, there's definitely nothing in the rack that should contain liquid or leak!

I would start by shutting down the power to the rack, removing all the modules, and see if you can determine where it's coming from.

Sometimes electricians may use a lubricant while pulling cables through a conduit, so it could be that. The other possibility I can think of is that because the rack sucks air in through the front with the fan, if there's a vaporized oil in the air (e.g. haze or fog fluid), that can condense on the inside - I've seen that happen, although never enough to drip.

• No, there's definitely nothing in the rack that should contain liquid or leak!

I would start by shutting down the power to the rack, removing all the modules, and see if you can determine where it's coming from.

Sometimes electricians may use a lubricant while pulling cables through a conduit, so it could be that. The other possibility I can think of is that because the rack sucks air in through the front with the fan, if there's a vaporized oil in the air (e.g. haze or fog fluid), that can condense on the inside - I've seen that happen, although never enough to drip.

Children
No Data
Related