Sensor CEM / SR24 / Express Controller

Hello all,

This is my first post and I confess, I'm not real knowledgeable about lighting control. I work in a facility that has a 20-year old ETC system. Anyone who knew anything about the system have either retired or left the organization. The system is used to light two unattached television production studios. These two studios have their own ETCLink and Data Input connections, which connect to two ETC Express 24/48 controllers. 

Currently, and ever since they were installed, dimmers 1 through 12 are used in the smaller studio and dimmers 13 through 48 are used in the larger studio. The smaller studio is being decommissioned (sore subject!). We want to "transfer" dimmers 1 through 12 to the larger studio so that all 48 dimmers are available in that studio. 

That brings me to my questions. Again, I don't really know anything about this system so I may need a more detailed explanation. I've been reading the operator's manual hoping to figure this out. I have a feeling that one studio may be using Port A for dimmers 1 through 12 and the other studio is using Port B for dimmers 13 through 48. Does this sound like what the vendor would have done to use one system to use in two independent studios? Again, there are two different controllers and neither one controls lights in the other studio.

Is there a way for me to confirm this theory? Or is there any other way to determine how these dimmers are being allocated to the two studios? I know just simply pulling the two cables for dimmers 1 through 12 to the big studio won't be enough. I need to figure out how to assign those 12 dimmers to the controller in the that studio.

Can someone talk me through this? I am happy to correspond here or via telephone and can share photos.

Thanks,

Dan

• It's probably fairly easy, but my memory of the older Sensor software is fuzzy. So call tech support and they can walk you through it, and answer any other questions you might have. Best tech support ever!

800-688-4116

If you're lucky they will even have installation drawings of the system.

Related