4-20mA Ultrasonic Prox. Sensor providing input to the DMX controller

Hello All,

I am new to this forum so I apologize if I am landing this question in the wrong spot. 

I have an interesting project for a public art piece.  I have an ultrasonic sensor that provides variable analog output  In either 4-20mA or it could be 0-10V.  I am using the Mosaic DMX controller which is already on the site. I am trying use that sensor input to control fixture dimming in real time or very nearly real time.  The end result I am looking for is as follows:

1: Lights start off or low. 

2: a person enters the sensor field at the lower limit lights come up to a minimum setting. Lets say 10% for now. 

3: As the person approaches the sensor, the lights come up.  I want the dimming level to be proportionate to the location within the sensor range.  (i.e. if the sensor range is 8'  and the person is standing at 4'  the dimming should be at roughly 50% of the range. So in this description would come up to 55% 

4: Id like to add some buffer to keep the dimming function smooth and can be delayed somewhat but to normal to these values. 

It should be noted that the fixtures are Lumentix modules, so the input channels for the LED are  Dim, Saturation, Hue, and CCT.  I don't think that changes things but worth mentioning. 

Initially I would be happy with any suggestions for a converter either in the ETC line or some other hardware to turn 4-20mA or 0-10V input into a DMX RDM type of input.  That in itself would be a great start. 

Thanks,

Ian

Related