dimmer prolems

I just had 6 sensor racks installed about 7 mpnths ago.  I have just noticed 2 dimmers are acting funny.  when they run in a cue that takes them from 0% to 60% they fade up to about 20% them pop to full then fade back down to 60%.  They dont have any dimmer of channel curves attached to them.  I even repatched them to 2 other channels and re-cue'd them but had the same thing happen. Both dimmers share the same module a dr20.  So I swapped the module and the same thing happened.  In the rack the dimmers are set to the normal setting that the other ones are.  also when I manually bring up the intensities they work fine.  I am at a loss.  Any advice?

Parents
  • It would be interesting to trying and turn the circuit on directly from the CEM+ at various levels via the front panel Dimmer Test. Say 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%, and see if you get progressively higher levels on the output. That will help to determine if its the console or something at the rack.

Another good thing to try would be bring the console up to, say 30%, and goto the CEM+ and through the front panel (or from the web browser), do a 'about' 'dimmer', and see what level the dimmer rack things the dimmer is at.... Again, to determine if its the console, or the rack that is wrong at that point. Just an idea.

What type of load is plugged into this circuit?

• Both dimmers have a 1K Par64 plugged into them

Reply Children
No Data
Related