Thru Power Modules in a DRd

I believe I read somewhere earlier that Thru Power Modules were not compatible with DRd?

Is that true?

Or is it more that you can't configure a Thru Power from the Electronics, but the front panel Mode Switches still work?

I have a use case where I'm considering options for a retail space that may need the flexibility of having a lighting rack, but the loads can be configured to allow the end users to setup whatever type of lighting they need in the space. a DRd with Echo and Thru Power Modules sounds like a great way to handle that, but I'm not certain that's possible.

• That is true. Thrupower modules are physically deeper than normal modules so won't actually fit into a DRd rack - those racks are more shallow than Sensor racks. So nope, you cannot put Thrupower modules in a DRd rack.

As to solving the problem - I'd say it depends what your loads are - are the dimmers feeding track or outlets? If they're generally lighting-type loads, it's usually OK to have dimmers and just set them to switched for your switched loads.

Related