Configuring SmartLink

We have a Sensor+ with a CEM+ at v2.2.0 powering our stage and auditorium lights. Our primary lighting console is an Ion (v1.7.0) connected via sACN. We might want to change our our current architectural controls from a hacked together system coming in on DMX-B to SmartLink wall stations.

The CEM+ manual is fairly clear on port priorities but I can't find anything about presets and port priority.

Assuming I add a SmartLink power card to our Sensor Rack and pick up a wall station or two:

1. When a preset is active, what happens when the same channel gets input from the other protocols (sACN, DMX-A, DMX-B)?
  2. If I have to deactivate the presets to gain control via sACN, how is that done? Do we have to go to the rack or can it be done from the Ion or one of the wall stations?

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • I found what I was looking for under CEM+ Playback Priorities in the manual. It appears that presets follow the same HTP as any other input.

• If you do go for the SmartLink buttons:

• I strongly recommend a set by the console. Yes, you can deactivate internal presets from the rack, but it's awkward. (Since everything is HTP, taking control is just everything else at 0.)
    • SmartLink does not have a lockout function. Protect the buttons from the public and stray fingers.
  • Sensor+ has adopted the industry standard prioritized HTP scheme based on streaming ACN ANSI E1.31 standard. Priorities range from 200 (Strongest priority) to 1 (weakest priority).  Any sources at the same priority will be prioritized as HTP.

Each preset that is activated plays back at the priority that has been set by the user. Priority for each Sensor+ preset defaults to 100 which indeed will result in HTP with any other source that is left at its default of 100.  Every preset can have its priority adjusted higher (101-200) to override the incoming DMX, EDXM or sACN levels while active.  Also, if you would like to play a preset as a backup that only takes control once data is lost on the incoming ports, priority can be set lower in the range of 1-99. 

Thanks,

Jake

• Thanks for the info. It's just what I was hoping for. I will run a few experiments with our current configuration and priorities to confirm behaviour.

Reply Children
No Data
Related