dimmer HD15 are lit fully not working as dimmer

I am Jalil Broadcast Engineer in Pakistan Television corporation Lahore, we bought few ETC dimming systems comprising HSR24, CEM+, 48 HD15 Modules, Smartfade2496, CEM+ software version 2.0.0.9.0.19, after installation and configuration we are facing some problems,

Dimmer No. 9 to 25 are not giving dimmed output, as we open the fader even 2%  lights are lit with full intensity, we are using 2KW load with 240 volts,

Dimmer No. 33 to 42 are not linear when we open the fader out put is not smooth and after 50% fadrer upward there is no change in intensity.
Our configuration is 3Phase balanced.
Parents
  • From those symptoms, I would say that the dimmer rack has been incorrectly configured as a different rack type to the physical rack.
    - Quite possibly HSPxx instead of HSR24/ESR24.

We would also recommend that the CEM+ be upgraded to the latest firmware version as this improves ease of configuration and solves a few known issues in v2.0.0. (These are primarily to do with supply voltages above 250VAC and some more complex configurations using network protocols.)

Your local ETC Dealer will be able to correct the configuration issue and update it to the newest firmware.

[edited by: Richard at 12:29 PM (GMT -6) on Fri, Jan 1 2010]
  • From those symptoms, I would say that the dimmer rack has been incorrectly configured as a different rack type to the physical rack.
    - Quite possibly HSPxx instead of HSR24/ESR24.

We would also recommend that the CEM+ be upgraded to the latest firmware version as this improves ease of configuration and solves a few known issues in v2.0.0. (These are primarily to do with supply voltages above 250VAC and some more complex configurations using network protocols.)

Your local ETC Dealer will be able to correct the configuration issue and update it to the newest firmware.

[edited by: Richard at 12:29 PM (GMT -6) on Fri, Jan 1 2010]
Children
  • Thanks for your reply, I have done the configuration many times for this rack and I am sure Rack is HSR24 because it is clearly written in right corner of the Rack, and also it is configured as HSR24, i will try to send XML file for your reference,

Interesting thing is, all dimmers have been configured in same manner, but first 8, last 8 and dimmer No.26,27,28,29,30,31,32 are working fine, dimmer No.9 to25 are always switched ON with full intensity and dimmer No.33 to 40's out put is not uniform.

I will try to upgrade firmware of CEM+ to latest, meanwhile if you people have any suggestion we will wait for this, right now we have started to work with available working 23 dimmers out of  48.
    Jalil
  • Hi Jalil-

I'm sure you have checked this already - but is the result the same when you use the Test button (lightbulb) on the front of the CEM+?

-luke-

• Hi Luke,

yup it has been checked already, and result is same, morover if we try to check dimmer either from Web interface or directly from CEM+ in rack by check dimmer menu it always gives the same result,

One think i would like to mention that if we rais the fader upward through console light indicator in bump butten and LED in the module are not lit in full, they indicates the level of fader but out put power is full.

Jalil

Related