CEM3 updating

Hello all!

I was recently looking at the devices found in Updaterator, and noticed that my CEM3 modules are out of date- 1.2.x vs the latest 1.7.x.

I tried to update them, but it seems like nothing is occurring…

how advisable is it to upgrade them, and how do I get them to take the update?

Also, I did manage to get one of my three CEM3 modules to update (Home Screen now showing 1.7.x), but suddenly it lost its settings. (reverted to default, I think?) I managed to (seemingly) restore it through Concert- at least, I have proper control over the channels through sACN, but after that it disappeared from Concert never to be seen again (or updaterator for that matter…) This occurs even when I connect my laptop directly to the CEM3, and through that direct connection I can see everything on my network except the CEM3 module itself. The Home Screen is also showing a different IP address than the manually set one.

help?? Thankfully need to manage settings is not show critical (this rack in particular is exclusively house lighting, and it responds as expected from either Paradigm or IonXE control; it seems to be just a network settings issue…

Parents
  • FINAL UPDATE?: After leaving the CEM3 module in the "saving" loop for a few days, (I didn't have a chance to mess with it for a bit, and I didn't want to lose houselights when other folks were in the space) I finally found a moment to hit the reset button. It seemed to reboot just fine, and all I had to do was manually set the network IP settings to what is similar to the other two racks, and things are now fine as if there was no problem! XD I can see the rack in Concert and Updaterator, and since this was the House Lighting rack I still have control of the house lights via Paradigm and IonXE.

Hopefully this is the end of the issues... next time (if necessary), remind me to update the rack processor modules using a thumb drive directly rather than over network... especially for as big an update jump as this was...

• FINAL UPDATE?: After leaving the CEM3 module in the "saving" loop for a few days, (I didn't have a chance to mess with it for a bit, and I didn't want to lose houselights when other folks were in the space) I finally found a moment to hit the reset button. It seemed to reboot just fine, and all I had to do was manually set the network IP settings to what is similar to the other two racks, and things are now fine as if there was no problem! XD I can see the rack in Concert and Updaterator, and since this was the House Lighting rack I still have control of the house lights via Paradigm and IonXE.

Hopefully this is the end of the issues... next time (if necessary), remind me to update the rack processor modules using a thumb drive directly rather than over network... especially for as big an update jump as this was...

Children
No Data
Related