Need Help, Smartlink Button stations are no longer working on SR48+ rack as of last night.

I arrived to work this morning to this, my button stations no longer work. I have taken the CEM+ module out and reseated it along with the Power board. Still nothing.. I am wondering if the smartlink power board is dead ? Any insight ?

thanks

Parents
  • Hi Max,

What happens when you press the buttons on the stations? Do the light and stay lit, blink, or do nothing at all? Have you tried playing back your presets from the CEM+? If so, what was the result?

This is something that has a number of other possibilities for troubleshooting and I would recommend that you call your nearest ETC Technical Services when you can troubleshoot in front of the equipment.

For technical support in the Americas, please call toll-free in the U.S. at (800) 688-4116
    For technical support in Europe, please call (+44) 20 8896 1000
    For technical support in Germany, please call (+49) 8024 4700-0
    For technical support in Asia, please call (+852) 2799 1220

•  

Thanks for the quick response

The dimmer works no problem. all the presets are intact. I logged into Sensor+ connect to activate a preset so the client could use the room for the day. 

The Panels are unresponsive. The station Proxy is active so that is not the problem. There are just no lights on the panel. Usually when i pull up a preset from the web based interface, it will light up which ever preset it is from the panel. It is simply dead.

I have called the local distributor and service provider (Christie Lights) and quite frankly, their service is terrible, i could not get anyone on their end and this is not the first time either. No one ever gets back to you from them.

• Based on that information, it does sound like the power board card might be the root cause.

I am sorry to hear that Christie Lites is not living up to your expectations. For any repair or replacement parts, any ETC dealer can assist you. We recommend that you stick with a favourite as you build that personal relationship, but you are by no means bound to a specific dealer.

I would still recommend that you get in touch with a dealer to arrange for either an RMA or replacement of that power board.

• Thanks for the insight. Unfortunatley, where I am in New Brunswick Canada; I think Christie is the only ETC dealer, at least that I know of.. I will try and order the part as soon as possible. 

What is the part number? The invoice would be long gone in long term filing. Its for the SR48+ rack .

Thanks again 

max

• Not having any idea where exactly you are located, you can always go to the main website and search for other dealers in your area

http://www.etcconnect.com/contact.local.aspx?type=20108&state=true&id=Quebec

• Lol New Brunswick isnt even listed. Which confirms my thoughts. The only christie around here is Halifax which is in Nova Scotia. That is who I have been trying to contact. 

Thanks for your help

• Finally got a call. It is all good now, problem solved.

Not knowing if my dimmer was still covered under warranty; I was simply trying to get info for part numbers (and if the problem was what I thought it was) as I was fully willing to buy the part outright in order to solve my issue.

I did not mean to piss anyone off. It is just frustrating when you can't seem to get through, thats all. In the end it is all ok.

Thanks for the help.

• Finally got a call. It is all good now, problem solved.

Not knowing if my dimmer was still covered under warranty; I was simply trying to get info for part numbers (and if the problem was what I thought it was) as I was fully willing to buy the part outright in order to solve my issue.

I did not mean to piss anyone off. It is just frustrating when you can't seem to get through, thats all. In the end it is all ok.

Thanks for the help.

Children
No Data
Related