Reprogram Preset on Unison Legacy Devices

Our current setup as I understand it is below:

Unison DR12 dimmer station, along with a SR48+.  The SR48+ has the dimmer modules for the platform lights and the DR12 has the dimmer modules for the sanctuary.

We use a BullFrog board with 96 channels.  Channels 1-96 are assigned to DMX1-96, not all are attached to lights.

We have several wall mounted Legacy Button modules and one Legacy Fader Module that sits by the BullFrog board in control booth.  

Our sanctuary lights are on DMXchannesl 97-108,  if I assign A097 to slider 96 on the board I can control the fixtures for the sanctuary using the slider.

Now to my question:

I would like to reprogram the presets on the wall button stations and the Fader Module.  However I am not sure how this would be done.  From what I have read it sounds as thought I need to assign DMX97-108 to the bullfrog, set the lighting as I would like it and then record the look on the Fader Module.  This will in turn change each of the wall buttons to match.  Is it that straight forward?

I have left something out just ask me and I'll attempt to get the information.

Parents
  • Forgot to add the SR48+ has channles 1-96 which match up to what the BullFrog controls.

• fcos,

As long as your Unison Processor was programmed to talk to all 108 dimmers you are correct with your steps.

Bring up lights on console to the level you would like, press record on the fader station, press preset button you want to record to.  If your faders were set up as presets you slide the fader from 0 up to full and it will record.

Again, assuming your setup has the preset buttons mimicked on the other stations throughout your room, they will match the fader station in the control room.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to call the factory 1-800-688-4116 and ask for tech support and they can talk your through the steps.

Seth

• fcos,

As long as your Unison Processor was programmed to talk to all 108 dimmers you are correct with your steps.

Bring up lights on console to the level you would like, press record on the fader station, press preset button you want to record to.  If your faders were set up as presets you slide the fader from 0 up to full and it will record.

Again, assuming your setup has the preset buttons mimicked on the other stations throughout your room, they will match the fader station in the control room.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to call the factory 1-800-688-4116 and ask for tech support and they can talk your through the steps.

Seth

Children
  • Something that occured to me when you asked about the fader controlling all 108 fixtures.  The 3 slides on the fader control the stage lights, not sanctuary, they all three control all the stage lights.  The 5 presets,1-4 and off only control the house lights.  ie. the master and three slides do not change the sanctuary lights on the platform lights.

Related