Seemingly rock solid understanding of dimmer doubling shaken by current show

OK here's our setup:

Ion console outputting to a Net2 Node.
Node output 1: Universe 1, Addresses 1-256
Node output 2: Universe 1, Addresses 257-512

-Sensor SP48 rack addressed at 101-196, multiplexing, DMX input from Node output 1 into Input A.
-Sensor SP48 rack addressed at 201-296, multiplexing, DMX input from Node output 1 into Port A, DMX input from Node output 2 into Port B, rack set up to accept first 48 dimmers from Port A second 48 dimmers from Port B.
-Sensor SP48 rack addressed at 301-396, multiplexing, DMX input from Node output 2 into Port A.

Why does this work?
Why does the Ion list the DMX address of dimmer 101B as 20,101 not 357?
How do you send DMX address 20,101 down a DMX512 data line?
Why can I not wrap my brain around this?

I've read all the Dimmer Doubling manuals.  I've read the Ion chapter that deals with patching and dimmer doubling.  I've done dimmer doubling on past shows where I could mulitplex a maximum of 256 dimmers in a universe but I never sent different parts of a universe down separate dmx lines.  Which FM do I need to read?

Thanks!

Will King

Parents
  • Hi Will,

Page 109 of the Ion manual talks about the offset that the console uses, the standard offset is 20,000 and can be adjusted in show settings. The local dmx port of the node is still sending out 1-512 or whatever you have it set too but on the network, the dmx address in patch would utilize the offset per the show settings.

Eric

[edited by: erock at 10:07 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Mar 26 2011]
  • Hi Will,

Page 109 of the Ion manual talks about the offset that the console uses, the standard offset is 20,000 and can be adjusted in show settings. The local dmx port of the node is still sending out 1-512 or whatever you have it set too but on the network, the dmx address in patch would utilize the offset per the show settings.

Eric

[edited by: erock at 10:07 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Mar 26 2011]
Children
No Data
Related