CEM Module Screen Odd Text

I have a CEM Module for a 96 rack which has been out of service for awhile due to the screen giving random text and black boxes then going back to normal, every 30 seconds or so. We were in need for a working unit and I gave it a try and it worked fine on a 12 pack. Even when the screen was giving these odd messages the Beacon light stayed lit and DMX stayed constant. I've never seen this before and I was even more surprised that it worked... Wondering if this is the pack, the CEM card, or just the screen. 

Thanks!

[edited by: jumpdance16 at 6:30 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Feb 23 2012]
Parents
  • Hi Michael,

Is this a CEM "Classic" (looks like this) or CEM+ (looks like this)?

I have seen this occasionally on CEM+ units, particularly with older versions of software - there was a bug corrected at some point that could cause this intermittently. The bug only affected the display on the screen - everything else would continue to work, so I don't think this is a "show threatening" situation.

The only other thing I would check would be for metal dust or dirt on the board - it's possible that that could be intermittently shorting and causing odd behaviour. Try blowing dust off the board with a can of compressed air, and a gentle dusting with a soft, clean paintbrush.

-Tom

• Hi Michael,

Is this a CEM "Classic" (looks like this) or CEM+ (looks like this)?

I have seen this occasionally on CEM+ units, particularly with older versions of software - there was a bug corrected at some point that could cause this intermittently. The bug only affected the display on the screen - everything else would continue to work, so I don't think this is a "show threatening" situation.

The only other thing I would check would be for metal dust or dirt on the board - it's possible that that could be intermittently shorting and causing odd behaviour. Try blowing dust off the board with a can of compressed air, and a gentle dusting with a soft, clean paintbrush.

-Tom

Children
No Data
Related