CEM + Problem

I've got a weird blip in my system.  I'm running a film set with about 24 ETC 24ch touring packs.  The packs are daisy chained in about 6 separate legs off of the same opto isolator.  When I bring up the fixture addressed to DMX slot 255, not only does it output correctly, it also outputs on dmx slot 1.  If I bring up the fixture on DMX slot 279, dmx 25 outputs as well.  It only happens on those two packs and swapping DMX connections, Dimmer Modules, CEM Brains and resetting does nothing to cure the issue.

What could it be???

An interesting note is that I have a friend on another film set who is experiencing the exact same problem.  Different consoles, different packs, different opto's, but the same revision of the firmware for the cem +'s. (which btw is 3.1.2)

Thanks for any hints...

phil

• Phil-

Is your console or dimmer pack set for dimmer doubling?  That's what jumps to mind because the difference in dimmer numbers is close to 256.

Console patch?

If you bring up slot 1 does 255 also come up? (is the problem bi-directional?)  Is it only affecting those specific dimmers that you mentioned or is it all dimmers from 255 up?

Do you have a DMX tester so you can take the console out of the equation?  Try sending DMX from the tester to the dimmers.  Also use the tester to see what DMX levels the console is sending.

Are all  DMX lines terminated?

That's all I can think of right now-

-Todd

• Hey Todd,

Thanks for the reply.

I think I fixed it by re-configuring the pack in power user mode and making sure the dimmers were set to normal.

Seems to have solved the problem.

Cheers,

Phil

Related