Change the output Voltage from 208 to 110 on Smartbar2

Hello,

I am working in a theatre space that a number of Smartbar 2 units for dimming. One of them is immediately blowing the lamps on fixtures as soon as they are given an intensity. We tested the dimmer outlets on that Smartbar and found it was outputting 208v, while all of our lamps and equipment require 110v. How can I change the voltage output from this unit?

Thank you!

Parents
  • It sounds like you're either missing a neutral, or the neutral input wire is connected to another hot rather than neutral. What are you plugging the SmartBar into? If it's something like an L6-20 connector where you only have 2 hots and a ground, then the SmartBar will not operate correctly and may be damaged (as well as damaging whatever is connected to it).

Whatever it is, you're definitely looking for a wiring issue rather than a change in settings: the SmartBar can't output higher voltage than it gets from the incoming power.
  • It sounds like you're either missing a neutral, or the neutral input wire is connected to another hot rather than neutral. What are you plugging the SmartBar into? If it's something like an L6-20 connector where you only have 2 hots and a ground, then the SmartBar will not operate correctly and may be damaged (as well as damaging whatever is connected to it).

Whatever it is, you're definitely looking for a wiring issue rather than a change in settings: the SmartBar can't output higher voltage than it gets from the incoming power.
Children
  • Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. The smart bar is powered with an L21-20 plug. The venue and equipment is new so this is likely the first time the unit has been used. What would you recommend for correcting the issue?
  • In that case, my guess is that they swapped one of the phases with neutral when wiring the receptacle. You can check this with a voltmeter: the center pin is ground, and the pin with a tab on it is neutral. You should see zero volts (ideally) between those two pins, and you should see about 120VAC between either of those pins and any one of the other three.

It's also possible the wiring problem is with the male connector on the SmartBar, since we typically sell them without a connector installed. Either way, you may need to get help from an electrician to track this down.
Related