heating problem

I got 4 Smartpacks for a 3 months outside tour..  I don't know if my problem was caused by the west coast wet weather but we got the same problem on 3 of the packs..

The "C*" ( celcius degree) appeared on the display a few times, causing the lost of a phase each time. Inside the Diagnistic option, one of the three phase was at 350 Celcius, which was making no sense... we just found out that if we turned off the dimmer pack for 30 minutes, everything would come back as normal..

I was just wondering if you had any idea of what might cause this problem?

Thanks

Parents
  • The phase reads this sort of temperature continuously if you 'miss' with one of the SCR cube pins when swapping cubes, disconnecting the temperature sensor.

So that sounds like the temperature sensor in the SCR cube may have been making intermittent contact to the CPU - possibly a bent pin or damp?

Was it always the same phase that did it?
    It's probably worth opening up the pack, unplugging that phase's cube, checking the pins and connector and replugging it.

While you're inside it's a good idea to give it a clean and check the connections and mountings are nice and tight as well - may as well give it a minor service!

• The issue could be either the connection between the cube and the power board, or between the power board and the control card.  If you're still having trouble after following Richard's advice, remove the control card and inspect the PCB edge connectors on the power board.  Make sure none of the pins are bent and check for corrosion there.  Also, check for corrosion on the edge of the control card.  While you've got it that far apart, you may as well also remove the fan and brackets from the control card to make sure there's no sign of moisture or corrosion underneath the insulating pads.

These are all areas I've seen fog fluid collect and cause damage, thanks to some people deciding that fog machines and dimmer packs like each other and should be as close as possible.  I'm assuming water would work about the same way.

• The issue could be either the connection between the cube and the power board, or between the power board and the control card.  If you're still having trouble after following Richard's advice, remove the control card and inspect the PCB edge connectors on the power board.  Make sure none of the pins are bent and check for corrosion there.  Also, check for corrosion on the edge of the control card.  While you've got it that far apart, you may as well also remove the fan and brackets from the control card to make sure there's no sign of moisture or corrosion underneath the insulating pads.

These are all areas I've seen fog fluid collect and cause damage, thanks to some people deciding that fog machines and dimmer packs like each other and should be as close as possible.  I'm assuming water would work about the same way.

Children
No Data
Related