Smart Park L3:Error

During dimmer check discovered one of our four smartpack portable dimmers with a blinking blue (power) LCD and found in the diagnostics that L2 and L3 had an error.  Some the dimmer were working, most were not.  Swapped 50A power with a known working one and still same problem. Any ideas on solutions??

Parents
  • I am experiencing about the same. I am using a single phase with 60A circuit and suddenly in diagnostics show that the L3 is hot. I don't know what to do because I swap lines to know if the problem was outside the dimmer pack but it still have the same L3 hot.

I just want to know how you solve your problem. May be what you did work for me.

Thanks

• Hi Tonito,

This is usually a symptom of a defective power cube or poorly connected power cube in your pack.

If you are comfortable working inside the unit, you can try the following (if you are not, contact your nearest ETC office to find a service tech to help you out).

1. Turn off power and disconnect from supply

2. Remove the screws that hold down the lid of the pack

3. Locate the power cubes - three rectangular silver blocks. There is one per phase, and each one has 4 dimmers (in the 10A pack).

4. Try swapping the 2nd and 3rd ones. They are removed by gently pulling up, and re-inserted by pushing down. It's quite easy to mis-align the pins, so use a small "dentists mirror" or similar to check the small signal pins are in correctly.

5. Reassemble the pack, power up and see if the problem has moved.

If the problem seems to move with one of the cubes, it's a bad cube and needs replacement. If it goes away, it could be there was a problem with the seating of the pins in the connector.

Hope that helps,

Tom

• Hi Tonito,

This is usually a symptom of a defective power cube or poorly connected power cube in your pack.

If you are comfortable working inside the unit, you can try the following (if you are not, contact your nearest ETC office to find a service tech to help you out).

1. Turn off power and disconnect from supply

2. Remove the screws that hold down the lid of the pack

3. Locate the power cubes - three rectangular silver blocks. There is one per phase, and each one has 4 dimmers (in the 10A pack).

4. Try swapping the 2nd and 3rd ones. They are removed by gently pulling up, and re-inserted by pushing down. It's quite easy to mis-align the pins, so use a small "dentists mirror" or similar to check the small signal pins are in correctly.

5. Reassemble the pack, power up and see if the problem has moved.

If the problem seems to move with one of the cubes, it's a bad cube and needs replacement. If it goes away, it could be there was a problem with the seating of the pins in the connector.

Hope that helps,

Tom

Children
No Data
Related