Setting CEM3 & Parking Address for ML from Dimmer?

Wanting to make sure I understand the Process for Switching an Address with a ThruPower Breaker in the Sensor 3 rack that was set to Dimmer. The intent is to add a Moving light fixture to this outlet. 

1. On the CEM3 I selected the address & set it from "Dimmer" to "Switched". I also noticed the threshold was set to 50%. Without doing anything else When the ETC Ion board was powered on the outlet was not providing power. 

2. I then Parked the Address at a Value of 100. which got the outlet powered up. 

3. I also deleted the Channel that was linked to the Address.  

1st question: Why do other Parked addresses show a value for Channel (100) & Param (Intens) When the one I parked does not. The other addresses are not patched to channel 100 either. 

2nd Question: Could someone list their steps to switch and outlet from Dimmer to Switched & get continuous power when the Light board is powered up.  

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Jeff

• OK, I just figured out the answer to my question 1. I when into Patch & entered channel 100. All of the other addresses that are parked are patched there. I then added my new address to channel 100 as P18. Channel 100 is also parked at FL. Once I did this my new parked address shows up with a Value & Channel of 100 & a Param of "Intens"

I'm also figuring since the Intensity is 100 which is about the threshold of 50 the outlet is switched on. 

Still wanting to know if other do this a different way. 

Related