Response opto-splitter intermittent DMX

We have a response opto-splitter. The pass through connection works great but the dmx outputs do not...they are intermittent and cause the lights to intermittently flash. I have done some troubleshooting - cabling, outputs, termination...even swapped ICs on the board to isolate the problem. None of it worked.

1 Any ideas?

2 Repair...do you know of a reputable service center?

3 if not worth repairing, what do you recommend for a replacement? Ours is 1 in, passthrough and 5 outputs.

Thanks!

Dan

Parents
  • I would place my bets on some bad capacitors....and if it is all of the outputs, then I move my bets to the primary DMX IN supply's caps.

The pass-through is just a wired pass-through with no protection, and no electronics in between

Any reputable bench technician should be able to do this rather quickly.  Not an unusual  problem for theses, especially now that they are not young'ins anymore.  Please feel free to contact me off-list about repairing your unit, if you wish: Brucek(at)theatrix(dot)net.

• gee, you beat me by mins, Mr North....but I had to take a phone call before hitting post...

Reply Children
No Data