IES Executer 15 doesn't remember settings after powerdown

Hello all,

I got an ies executor 15 6 channel dimmer pack that suffers from memory loss. The settings don't seem to be stored. The only clue i have so far is that it might me the eeprom 24c02.

My questions:

is the eeprom the cause?
if so, can i replace it with any other 24c02 eeprom?

Thanks!

Teackele

[edited by: teeman at 3:54 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Dec 5 2013]
  • Hello Teackele,

I will see if I can find more information for you but in might take to early next week as this unit was pre-ETC involvement with IES and was never produced by ETC. However, I should be able to get in touch with a contact at ETC in The Netherlands to get you the support you are looking for

Sincerely,

Mike Meskill

• Hi Teackele,

You are correct in thinking that the eeprom is probably the cause of the memory loss.

Unfortunately we do not have anymore in stock, and this eeprom 24c02n can not be swapped out for just any version of 24c02

- only certain versions will work.

You have two options here:

1.) You can send us the part, and we can try and repair it by searching for the correct eeprom,

or

2.) You can - thru trial and error - search for the eeprom that will work.

Option 2 sound like the most effecient solution for us.

If you prefer to have us look at it, and make you a cost offer, just contact your local ETC Dealer or Office

for a RMA (Repair Order Number) so you can send them the part.

THANKS and have a good weekend!

[edited by: corey at 4:22 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Dec 6 2013]
  • Thanks Mike and Corey,

I'll try a 24c02n that i can find. Any idea what the crucial requirements are? (min voltag, speed/timing etc)

Kind regards

Teackele