EPROM Error

My friend is gettng this message:

36 channel, EPROM ok

Is this an actual error message? I cant find it in the manual.

He has an ETC IDEA 36.

Thanks

Lisa

• Hi Lisa.  Are they getting this message on boot?  Any other issues on the console?

Thank you,

Sasha Aranow

• Yes and it keeps rebooting. It will run for a minute then reboot then run for a few minutes then reboot.

Thanks

Lisa

• If I remember correctly, that's a normal message that's displayed briefly during boot and isn't related to the rebooting problem. 

With that console, one of the likely causes of this sort of thing is oxidation on the connector between the power supply and the processor board.  A lot of times this can be resolved just by reseating that connector.  If you or your friend is comfortable with electronics you could take the back off the console and disconnect & reconnect the internal power supply cable to see if that makes a difference.  This will scrape some of that oxidation off and make a better connection.

If that doesn't work, then you'll probably want to talk to a dealer about getting it in for repair.  The power supply may need adjusting/replacing, or there may be another problem entirely.