ETC #Q141 module

I hope you can assist. I have many Q141 modules( +- 50) that have supposedly failed over a 3 year period.

Faults: Flashing lights, lights not turning on or on at full brightness. I am receiving at least  2 a week from one of our soap studios.( we have 4 soap studios using ETC racks). The dimmer modules( HD15) are replaced so that the shoot does not stand down.

I would now like to test the Q141 modules on the bench. I know they cannot be repaired ( I have stripped one already) I would like to confirm if they are truely faulty before tossing them.

So my request; is there a test jig for bench testing Q141? If no, may I know the pin configuration of the connectors, I know the live in / out pins. What control voltage is used? 

I know this could be fitted into a HD 15 and tested, but I do not have a spare ETC rack, and I cannot do this at any of our productions.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Kinde regards.

Parents
  • Reuben,

There is no test jig for these block. We would test them using a dimmer module and a rack.

I suggest that if you regularly test and maintain Sensor modules, that you buy a small test rack from your local ETC service center.

For safety, I would advice against trying to control the block in a homemade jig/setup.

• Reuben,

There is no test jig for these block. We would test them using a dimmer module and a rack.

I suggest that if you regularly test and maintain Sensor modules, that you buy a small test rack from your local ETC service center.

For safety, I would advice against trying to control the block in a homemade jig/setup.

Children
No Data