ION screens with tiny green dotty lines

I'm sure it's either the wye adaptor itself or the DVI port on the console but lately I have been seeing tiny green dashed and dotted lines on my monitors. Older style ION with only one DVI port. Even though I always screw the DVI down when I move it around slightly they either get a little worse or go away.

Best to purchase a new Wye first to see if it's that? If so what is the exact DVI type I need on both ends?

If I need to send the console for repairs can it be done at the Hollywood location or does it need to be shipped to Middleton?

Either way would there possibly be a loaner available?

Parents Reply
  • Thanks for the info. I purchased a Dell Molex DMS-59 to dual dvi-I adaptor on line. I also removed the adaptor today and discovered one male pin is bent onto a second pin and thus both are going into the same hole on the console so that is most likely the issue. Hopefully it will come with the end protectors and I am going to keep the male end protector/cover for all the road trips when I break down so the pins don't bump up against something and bend like that. I'm sure that's how it got bent.
Children
No Data