One Port Net3 DMX/RDM gateways- Heads Up when installing or checking them out.

I have been working on a system commissioning with contractor terminations, and found that the Net3 One Port DMX/RDM gateways have a small tendency, if the contractor is not paying attention, to have the DMX driver chip knocked out of it's socket.

The chip is located on the bottom of the device when it mounts into a back box, and it has pretty tight tolerances when being installed.  As the chip is mounted on the underside of the board, and sticks out past the ends of the other PCBs, it can hit on the lip of the back box when being installed.

I found this because I was able to see the device in Net3 Concert, configure it, have it receive sACN Values, notice the DMX light was on solid indicating it was receiving data, but getting no data out to my DMXter. 

Popped the device off the box and saw the chip had 4 pins in the socket, and 4 out.  High impedance air gaps reduce the functionality of this chip.

If you have a DMX gateway that doesn't appear to be outputting signal, but you have all other indicators showing that it should be, this is a quick thing to check before swapping hardware.  In my instance, it was on both 1 gang plates and 3-7 gang plates, all custom paint jobs, but I suspect the stock 1 gang devices will still have the same susceptibilty to this problem. 

This will typically apply to permanently mounted gateways in back boxes, and won't typically affect touring versions, unless you remove the device from the touring back box. 

Thanks.