programming format

For the first time I have a lighting company asking me what format ETC uses to program their consoles for fixture library additions. They have no manual for the one particular fixture I purchased and after months of requests so I can get them into my consoles this is coming up. I have no idea why they think they need that but they say they do. I have told them all I need is a manual with accurate proper dmx values for each channel and for each mode the fixture can operate in, as well as all the other obvious reasons for a manual, but they keep asking about your format. I even made it absolutely clear it is not them that needs to build the fixture in the proper format, it is ETC and all ETC needs is the dmx values. So maybe I am missing something. They have manuals for their other fixtures. Here is one reply they gave me:

Every console or dmx software uses a different format to make their profiles for example avolites tiger touch uses the d4 format, elations compu live uses ssl format, it's the language used to make their profiles 

So.....????????

Parents
  • Hello Jeff,

Each of our consoles uses a different, proprietary, format for the fixture library. So if they would like there fixtures adding to our consoles we would need a copy of the full manual.

However like a lot of other console manufacturers, we also use the Carallon (http://www.carallon.com/services.php) fixture database. So if the fixture manufacturer wants to be supported by the most amount of consoles possible, I recommend they also submit there manual to Carallon.

Regards,

Marcus

• Hello Jeff,

Each of our consoles uses a different, proprietary, format for the fixture library. So if they would like there fixtures adding to our consoles we would need a copy of the full manual.

However like a lot of other console manufacturers, we also use the Carallon (http://www.carallon.com/services.php) fixture database. So if the fixture manufacturer wants to be supported by the most amount of consoles possible, I recommend they also submit there manual to Carallon.

Regards,

Marcus

Children
No Data