Using Powercon thur

Can I use the PowerCon thru from a D40/60 to power other non D40/60 fixtures?  Like I have 4 D40 power linked and then jump out of the last D40 in to a chauvet Rogue R1 Wash.

It would seem like it could be done just need to know what the total amps are of all the fixtures in the line right?

This seems like bad practice to me, so I'm asking here to see.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Nick Hill

Parents
  • Both are good points.

Just something I have always done/heard and not so much bad I guess then. It's more of me just knowing what is on the whole line. It's not so much as it will do bad things to one fixture or the other.

I don't want someone coming in after me and looking at the last fixture in line and add more Chauvet fixtures, Because they only count 4 Chauvet and are not counting the D40s that are also in the power line link.

Nick
  • Both are good points.

Just something I have always done/heard and not so much bad I guess then. It's more of me just knowing what is on the whole line. It's not so much as it will do bad things to one fixture or the other.

I don't want someone coming in after me and looking at the last fixture in line and add more Chauvet fixtures, Because they only count 4 Chauvet and are not counting the D40s that are also in the power line link.

Nick
Children
No Data