Console Priority Over P-ACP: Issues Controlling Fixture Attributes From Console Due To P-ACP Config

I have just installed a large lighting system and I am having some difficulty controlling some attributes of the lighting fixtures.

The install consists of:

Paradigm ACP w/ 7" Touchscreen

Element Console

Net 3 Two Port Gateways

75 x Colorsource Spot and PAR fixtures

4 x Moving fixtures

The problem I am having is that I can't control the colour of the CS fixtures, and I have limited movement with the moving fixtures when controlling the system from the console.

If I delete the fixture from the Paradigm config, or turn the paradigm off, I get full control of those fixtures.

There is clearly an issue with my programming, but I am not sure what it is. Is there a way to tell the Paradigm that when the console is turned on, the console has priority?

Thanks!

Parents
  • You're experiencing the standard challenge of shared control of multi-parameter fixtures. The Paradigm installing technician should contact Technical Services. We have a white paper that walks through implementation choices.
  • Thanks Tracey!
    I just spoke with tech support and he explained exactly what was causing the issue and also showed me where to get the document you mentioned.
    I am the installing technician, however this is the first time I have commissioned a Paradigm ACP so I didn't know about this issue or how to work with the priority and arbitration settings. This service note will help me fix everything!
    Thanks again!
    Adrian
  • Thanks Tracey!
    I just spoke with tech support and he explained exactly what was causing the issue and also showed me where to get the document you mentioned.
    I am the installing technician, however this is the first time I have commissioned a Paradigm ACP so I didn't know about this issue or how to work with the priority and arbitration settings. This service note will help me fix everything!
    Thanks again!
    Adrian
Children
No Data