Best Tablet For Lighting

Hello all!

I have recently come into a space as the resident lighting supervisor. I've been here for about a month, and I have been identifying some capitol improvements I would like to make. The first one that is currently feasible for us to make is a new remote system for use with iRFR and Alien Stagecraft systems. In the past, I have worked mostly with iPads and old iPod touches. However, over the Summer, I worked with an LD who utilized a different device. I can't seem to get in contact with him, but the device he had was much cheaper than an Apple product and was more reliable. I was curious what experience the people here have with alternative tablets and what sort of recommendations you have in regards to the purchase of a new one? I am currently working with a budget of $150 in an ideal world, but that budget can very easily be expanded if needbe. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Personally for me the best tablet is iPad and I wil lexplain why.

1. Passive cooling
    Apple tablets have no moving cooling elements. This solution makes the device not only more reliable, but also silent.

2. Autonomy
    iPads have always been known for their battery life, getting thinner every year with a smaller battery, but still maintaining the same battery life.

3. Performance
    The mobile operating system, along with the powerful hardware of the iPad Pro, provides excellent performance to the gadget.

4 Apple Pencil
    It is impossible to consider iPad Pro without this accessory. Only a stylus can unleash the potential of the big screen, especially for those who like to draw. To create creative content on a laptop, you will have to acquire specialized equipment.

• Personally for me the best tablet is iPad and I wil lexplain why.

1. Passive cooling
    Apple tablets have no moving cooling elements. This solution makes the device not only more reliable, but also silent.

2. Autonomy
    iPads have always been known for their battery life, getting thinner every year with a smaller battery, but still maintaining the same battery life.

3. Performance
    The mobile operating system, along with the powerful hardware of the iPad Pro, provides excellent performance to the gadget.

4 Apple Pencil
    It is impossible to consider iPad Pro without this accessory. Only a stylus can unleash the potential of the big screen, especially for those who like to draw. To create creative content on a laptop, you will have to acquire specialized equipment.

Children
No Data