To master or not to master...

What would you do?

I have noticed some of my not-so-technical clients getting confused by the default set-up of a Unison 30407 station. I have just turned on several schools and have repeated my own solution.

The Master fader, Manual Button and single activation of faders gets a lot of folks confused. The fact that (in Legacy) the manual button is 0sec fade makes it poor for event use, even if its just a school assembly. Also with only 3 channels do you really need a master fader?

So, I've been setting all the faders to Presets because there always seems to be at least one call for multiple channels, like house lights. (Yes, Groups are similar, but presets are proportional and can be changed relatively easily.)

I've also written a macro (in Legacy) to deactivate the presets on the buttons, with a fade time. Unfortunately you have to fade one at a time, so all 4 at 2s each means a long and potentially bumpy fade. Anyway I put this macro on the Manual button, so it has essentially the same function, just more gradual. The end result is that you can add to a button preset and then subtract that preset and be all manual, without sudden moves.

So what do you think? What am I missing, that I will regret latter...

Does anyone else have favorite settings for stations or other tweaks?

Parents Reply Children
No Data