Windows 7

Hi all,

I also serve as the IT department here at Cross Light and would like to pose a question.  Has anyone with ETC software obtained a Windows 7 beta?  and if so, how is it working out?  I have no current plans to upgrade our offices, but I'd also like to be able to plan for it when it does come.

Parents
  • I have done some extremely cursory testing with a Windows 7 beta. The situation seems very similar to what we are seeing with Windows Vista - information on what we found there is in the ETC Vista Compatibility Quickguide.

Doubtless we'll be doing more testing as 7 becomes more mainstream, and we'll keep you all posted on results. I would say that the current software will likely all be updated to work on 7, but the situation with legacy software will be similar to Vista.

-Tom

• I have done some extremely cursory testing with a Windows 7 beta. The situation seems very similar to what we are seeing with Windows Vista - information on what we found there is in the ETC Vista Compatibility Quickguide.

Doubtless we'll be doing more testing as 7 becomes more mainstream, and we'll keep you all posted on results. I would say that the current software will likely all be updated to work on 7, but the situation with legacy software will be similar to Vista.

-Tom

Children