Paradigm 10 Button stations

I'm putting this out there to see if any other field technicians have been seeing issues with 10 button stations and all the buttons aligning fully with their electronics.  I've only been seeing this on 10 button stations (and any variation that uses 10 button electronics,) and not on any other station types.

I've sent an email to project management, and I may delete this post if requested by ETC, but until then, I'm curious to see if anyone else has run into this.

Thanks.

Parents
  • I am seeing some buttons that are harder than usual to push. They are all on 40707s and seem to be mostly the off button. The job isn't final yet, but I'll look for alignment issues.

This same job had some 5 button stations that were overly tightened to the wallbox. The wall covering was dented. This made it hard for the coverplate to completely catch on the top hook. Naturally the buttons didn't align well until all that was corrected.

Isn't this what our part of the forum is for?

• I have also seen buttons on fader stations, the MAN and the REC in particular, with a very stiff feel to them.  The buttons don't have any feel of actually pushing in.  They work but just have a hard feel to them .  It seems to be caused by how the clear plastic part aligns inside, and not the cover.

• Rick-  Yes, I agree that that is what our part of this forum is for, but if ETC asked me to remove my post, due to IP issues or other concerns (I don't believe that they would hide a problem,) I would.

I am also relieved that I am not the only one who is seeing problems similar to this.

I haven't had any projects with the fader stations yet, mostly button stations with an LCD as the main programming station.  I also believe it's how the clear plastic parts are hitting the buttons underneath, but I've had to physically re-align the PCB to make the buttons actually function, not just feel less stiff.

Hopefully this info will help Bryan Palmer and the good folks at ETC track down what may be happening.

• Rick-  Yes, I agree that that is what our part of this forum is for, but if ETC asked me to remove my post, due to IP issues or other concerns (I don't believe that they would hide a problem,) I would.

I am also relieved that I am not the only one who is seeing problems similar to this.

I haven't had any projects with the fader stations yet, mostly button stations with an LCD as the main programming station.  I also believe it's how the clear plastic parts are hitting the buttons underneath, but I've had to physically re-align the PCB to make the buttons actually function, not just feel less stiff.

Hopefully this info will help Bryan Palmer and the good folks at ETC track down what may be happening.

Children
No Data