Using Windows 7 Pro on a Windows 10 Pro or Windows 11 Pro laptop.

I'll be getting a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro or Windows 11 Pro, but I also frequently work on systems with Unison Legacy (Light Manager) and Net2 (NCE - Network Configuration Editor) equipment for which I'll need Windows 7 Pro.

Is there a good/clever way to have Windows 10 or 11 Pro be the primary OS on a 64-bit laptop and be able to run Windows 7 Pro on the same computer in a 32-bit mode?

• I use Hyper-V and load a 32 bit version of Windows 10 on a VM to run NCE and Lightmanager on. Just enable the drives and usb devices to map through to the VM.

• Blaine,

I've been using my Windows 7 laptop since 2012, so Windows 10 and 11, Hyper-V, and virtual machines are new territory for me, and I have a couple of follow-up questions to better my understanding of how this works:

- Is your computer usually running Windows 10 Pro or Windows 11 Pro?

- Is your laptop's processor 64-bit?

- I gather that I have to buy and download a 32-bit version of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft's website, then put that OS on a USB drive.  Is there a good set of instructions to tell me how I get the laptop to install the 32-bit Windows 10 Pro within the Virtual Machine?

Thanks for the info!