Blackout Button on LCD Screen

Client would like a Blackout button on LCD Screen.  When pushed all lights off (that's easy), but when pushed again lights restored to previous look (that part maybe not). 

Basically looking for an on/off that restores look.  Do I need to make a macro that records look when turned "off" and recalls look when turned "on"?

• Instead of a having a blackout button, how about having a fader programmed as a Space Master?  You would just need to make sure that all of the appropriate addresses are in the space to which that fader is assigned.

• Or make the button Space Master Down 100% / Up 100%

• Jason;

Is this Paradigm? If so, I believe you should be able to record a preset with all values at zero or whatever the customer defines as "blackout" and then play it back on a button at a higher priority. This way the blackout overrides whatever else is on without deactivating it. So if the button is a preset toggle it will activate and deactivate at that priority without changing any other presets.

Caveats

• If they are controlling zones directly from sliders or button they will not restore
    • Incoming levels from an input universe could still stay on

Lastly activating something at a higher priority from a single button means that the only way to get anything back on is to press that button. So When I do things like this I usually add a timed event at 4 am to deactivate at that priority or make the blackout timed by adding a trigger that fires a macro that runs a timer and then automatically deactivates the blackout. This way if someone pushes the button and then walks away, phone support doesn't get a call. 

Hope this helps

David Fox

• Yes, you will need to create a macro to save the current state (look) when the "Blackout" button is pressed. When the button is pressed again, the macro should restore the saved state. This way, you can toggle between the blackout and the previous look. Here's a basic approach:

1. Save State: Create a macro to save the current state of all lights.
    2. Blackout: Create a macro to turn off all lights.
    3. Restore State: Use the saved state to restore the previous look when the button is pressed again.

Implementing this will involve programming the button to switch between these two states.