Kindle

Hello all,

Anyone using a Kindle or similar E-reader device for manuals and tech info in the field?  Since the new Kindle just moved into the "reasonable" price range, I'm seriously thinking about getting one to carry manuals/drawings/tech info on.  I could read it from my laptop...but seriously, I'd rather not read anything off my laptop, in deference to my eyes.

Parents
  • I have had a Kindle (global addition) for the last 10 months and love it. I have put the TS Product Cheat Book - Updated June 2010 on the Kindle. It works…kind of….the newest update of software now allows for better zooming of .PDF documents and I am able to ‘read’ the information and drawings with no problem….but the navigation of .PDF on the Kindle is a bit annoying still as it is not a touch screen.

In the end...If I was doing 'real' field work still...I would stick to the laptop for most information.

• I have had a Kindle (global addition) for the last 10 months and love it. I have put the TS Product Cheat Book - Updated June 2010 on the Kindle. It works…kind of….the newest update of software now allows for better zooming of .PDF documents and I am able to ‘read’ the information and drawings with no problem….but the navigation of .PDF on the Kindle is a bit annoying still as it is not a touch screen.

In the end...If I was doing 'real' field work still...I would stick to the laptop for most information.

Children
No Data