Single Gang multi-port network switch

I cannot for the life of me remember who makes the single gang (4? port) network switch.  Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Abby

Parents
  • 3Comm used to make one that would repeat one port of POE but I know that has been discontinued.  They now make one that repeats the data and can get power for the unit from POE, but if you want POE to continue you need to have an external power supply attached to the unit.

http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/detail.jsp?tab=features&pathtype=purchase&sku=3CNJ1000

• The 3CNJ1000 was built to use the fairly recent 802.3at standard for POE.  This new standard allows for more power to be passed to devices.  Since the POE switches we supply follow the 802.3af standard, they can only supply enough power for the 3CNJ1000 itself. 

One option is to provide an external power supply as Brandon mentioned.  The other would be to use an 802.3at power injector.  There are single port versions available that can be connected anywhere between the main switch and the 3CNJ1000.  Both of these options will allow for a total of 15.4W to be supplied to the first two ports.  That means you can either connect 1 device that requires full power, or two devices that require half power or less.

• The 3CNJ1000 was built to use the fairly recent 802.3at standard for POE.  This new standard allows for more power to be passed to devices.  Since the POE switches we supply follow the 802.3af standard, they can only supply enough power for the 3CNJ1000 itself. 

One option is to provide an external power supply as Brandon mentioned.  The other would be to use an 802.3at power injector.  There are single port versions available that can be connected anywhere between the main switch and the 3CNJ1000.  Both of these options will allow for a total of 15.4W to be supplied to the first two ports.  That means you can either connect 1 device that requires full power, or two devices that require half power or less.

Children