Mosaic and MIDI audio playback

I have a couple of Mosaic MSC1's our shop purchased and I've been trying to teach myself how to build a complete "sound and lights" demo to take to customer demo's and to install in our soon-to-be opened retail space.

I'm hitting a road-block regarding MIDI. "All I want to do is..." have Mosaic and some sort of MIDI-controlled audio playback device interact with each other to synchronize playback. Think: Bellagio Fountains with lights instead of water jets.

I would prefer that the audio source is an iPod / iPad instead of a PC.

Can anyone recommend a direction I should look? Google searches have led to more information about sound-quality of MIDI audio files for gaming than anything else.

Thanks,
Brian

Parents
  • Brian,

check out at Light-O-Rama showtime controller.  They can be programmed with a internal time line and audio file all played off a SD card and output 512 ch of DMX.  Use Mosaic as the scheduler and trigger the audio synced "show" on the LOR controller via trigger inputs.  I would also use Mosaic to control the lights for non show times etc. I have a working Paradigm / Light-o-Rama setup all working! 

Ken

TPC Technologies

Niles, MI

• Brian,

check out at Light-O-Rama showtime controller.  They can be programmed with a internal time line and audio file all played off a SD card and output 512 ch of DMX.  Use Mosaic as the scheduler and trigger the audio synced "show" on the LOR controller via trigger inputs.  I would also use Mosaic to control the lights for non show times etc. I have a working Paradigm / Light-o-Rama setup all working! 

Ken

TPC Technologies

Niles, MI

Children
No Data
Related