Scripts

Does anyone know why my scripts fail to run anytime I use the DMXOUT[channel] command?  They build without error, but I can not pull the DMX value for any channel.

Example

value = DMXOUT[200] 

set_intensity(10,value,2)

this script will build but not run.

Thanks

--Paul

• Hi Paul, You are almost there. First thing you need to do is have a universe object returned to a variable table so you can retrieve the levels of each channel within that universe. I would recommend creating a script within a startup trigger so the universe is retrieved once. sacn_out = get_dmxout(SACN+200) Using the above example.....sacn_out[1] would give you the level for channel 1 in sACN universe 200......sacn_out[512] would be the level for channel 512 in universe 200. If you need to access other universe types here is the info to do that. This can also be found in the Mosaic help file by typing the keyword LUA into the search field. MSC 1's DMX Universe = 1. MSC 2's DMX Universe = 1 or 2. Controller's Art-Net II Universe = ARTNET+. Controller's Pathport Universe = PATHPORT+. Controller's ETCNet2 Universe = NET2+. Controller's sACN Universe = SACN+. Controller's KiNet Universe is obtained using the get_kinet_universe(powerSupplyNum, portNum) function. If you would like additional help please feel free to email me directly. Have a great day!
  • Thanks Christopher for the help, but I must still be doing something wrong. d_out = {} d_out = get_dmxout(1) -- I have a MTPC controller set_intensity(10,d_out[200],0) still getting nothing when I know that there is a value on dmx channel 200, what am I missing here?
  • Hi Paul, do you have a timeline running when you have this script run? Remember that set_intensity works more like a master.
  • Hi Paul, the MTPC does not have a physical hardline port so d_out=get_dmxout(1) will not return a valid universe object. Are you patched to sACN? If so you would need to do d_out=get_dmxout(SACN+N) N = universe number. What exactly are you trying to accomplish by capturing the MTPC's output? Have a great day!
  • Yes there is, but issuing just a Set_intensity command with a hard coded value works. It is when I start trying to read DMX values that I run into problems.
  • Christopher, I am only patched into the DMX 1. Should I be patched into the sACN??? I have a room with ADJ Ultra Kling Bars mounted at ceiling height to provide wash. I also have a Source 4 LED Lustr+ that is being used to project a gobo. The color of the wall wash can be what ever the client has chosen via the TPC touchscreen. But...under certain color settings the gobo is washed out, so when the TPC slider for the gobo is moved, a trigger fires to kill the bars that wash out the gobo. No problem there, this works consistently. Where I have the problem is that when the gobo is faded to black, I want to restore the bars to their previous state (color and intensity) Since both of these values is unknown I was thinking that by reading the DMX values of another bar would be the best way to get these values.
  • Please send me your configuration and I will have a look. Thank you.
  • I guess a new day works wonders. I reloaded the script and it works the way it is supposed to. No clue as to what I was doing wrong. Thank you to every one who helped.
  • Happy to hear you got it working. Have a great day!
Related